Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Fortuitous Trend Alert: Nail Rings

        They're being described as edgy, gorgeous, avant-garde, and the latest craze of the moment. I have to admit that I am intrigued by them. They 're glamorous. They're trendy and yet you don't see everyone wearing one. How do they relate to Disney? To me they screamed a couple things: Evil Queen. Ursula. Those two characters have such interesting hands. I can easily see both of them working this trend. They are evil, yes, but you can't deny their style.  I'm a "good girl" but I think that wearing a nail ring provides a cool addition to a look. However, having one on every finger is overboard. It just looks like you're trying too hard (this includes celebrities, and yes, even Lady Gaga).
        If you're interested in trying this trend, make sure you find the right nail ring for you. Frankly some of them look downright dangerous (I don't think I would wear something that could take my, or someone else's eye out), but if that's your style I encourage you too go for it! Like many things, I know that there are certain people who can rock these, and some people who just can't. With trends I always give the same advice, don't forget who you are. Trends come and go every day, but style is forever.
        Would you wear a nail ring? Participate in the poll, comment, or tweet me @FortuosityFash!
Nail Rings
Collage created using Polyvore


xoxo FortuosityGirl



No comments:

Post a Comment