Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year, New Beginnings

I started this blog as a sophomore in high school and succeeded in posting little more than half a dozen posts. The idea was ready, but I wasn't. Life got busy, which was a great thing for this former wallflower. I took a long break from the blog (as you can see my last post was when Miley first cut her hair...) and social media in general. As a senior now,  the timing is finally right for Fortuosity Fashions. Since it's the dawn of 2014, I am relaunching my blog with new ideas and a fresh look.

The name Fortuosity comes from one of my favorite Disney movies, "The Happiest Millionaire," and the logo was inspired by the Fortuosity Shop on Main Street in Disneyland. Not only will I feature Disney related items on this site, but other geeky things I love such as Star Wars, Doctor Who, Psych, and The Walking Dead. Here's a preview of what's to come!

Sweet Sunday- Fan goodies that are totally fashionable! Food stylists have jobs for a reason, right?

Makeup Monday- Whether it's a product that will last an epic day storming a Disney park, a look more suitable for ComicCon, or just something inspired by a character, I'll be featuring it!

T-shirt Tuesday- Let's see your favorite fan tee!

Watch Wednesday- Franchises have the tendency to create awesome timepieces. Do you have one?

Thinking Thursday- I will be posting my opinions about what's going on in various fan universes, and your opinions of whatever you're a fan of as well!

Footwear Friday- Shoes you always take to a Disney park, fan shoes, or just shoes that make you feel good.

Sparkly Saturday- Highlighting fan jewelry/pins.

You can send me your submissions at fortuosityfashions@gmail.com. When submitting items be sure to include a snapshot as well as a description of the item/why you love it/story about it.  If you're submitting opinions for Thinking Thursday, please keep it clean. I can't wait to hear from you and I am ecstatic to be relaunching Fortuosity Fashions!

Happy New Year

xoxo FortuosityGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment